The Day After Death, a novel (2016)
- Finalist, 2017 Lambda Award in Lesbian Fiction.
- Best Novel Award, Mendocino Writers Conference 2012.
- Fiction Finalist, International Summer Literary Awards, 2012.
“Words Shimmer,” (2016), Chautauqua Journal.
- Runnerup for the 2016 Editor’s Prize at Chautauqua Journal.
“How Did You Know It Was Time to Go?”
- Finalist, Prime Number, 2015.
Find Your Story, Write Your Memoir (2013), co-author: Lisa Lenard-Cook
- Bronze winner, Foreword Book of the Year, Writing Guides.
- Best books of general interest for high schools and professional use, selected by the American Association of School Librarians.
- Best books for general audiences, selected by the Public Library Reviewers.
“Words Shimmer Like Ripe Fruit,” (2013)
- Finalist for H.E. Francis Short Story Competition, 2013.
“Passenger on the Ship of Fools” (2009), co-author: Laura Furman
- New Mexico Humanities Council Grant, for programs around
- Winner of Best New Mexican Play, Vortex Theatre, Albuqueruqe, NM
- Leslie Irene Coger Award for Distinguished Performance, National Communication Association, 2007.